* Global airfares to rise 2.6 pct, hotel rates up 3.7 pct * Asia, Europe to see biggest price increases * Downside risks from trade war By Jamie Freed SINGAPORE, July 24 (Reuters) – A strong global economy and rising oil prices are expected to push up the cost of air travel in 2019, with fares seen rising 2.6 percent and hotel rates up 3.7 percent, although there are downside risks from a trade war, according to an industry forecast.
* China shares bounce, Beijing pledges vigorous fiscal steps * Longer-term bond yields up globally, focus on BOJ * Talk U.S.
* Nikkei edges up as yen eases, dollar bounces modestly * Longer-term bond yields rise globally, focus on BOJ * Talk US GDP report on Friday could beat forecasts * Alphabet shares jump to record as results impress By Wayne Cole SYDNEY, July 24 (Reuters) – Global bond markets were under strain on Tuesday amid talk of central bank tightening and the risk of a robust reading on U.S.
July 24 (Reuters) – For other diaries, please see: Top Economic Events Emerging Markets Economic Events Government Debt Auctions Political and General News U.S.
By Rajesh Kumar Singh CHICAGO, July 23 (Reuters) – Harley-Davidson Inc will give investors on Tuesday a fresh look at the impact of trade conflicts and a strong dollar on its profits, and analysts are bracing for bad news and more cost-cutting.
* Imports targeted by anti-dumping probe worth $1.3 billion * Stainless steel imports jumped almost 200 pct last year * Probe pits state-owned mills against private Chinese ones abroad – analyst * China’s Tsingshan opened stainless mill in Indonesia last year * Nippon Steel, Posco, Acerionx, Outokumpu also named (Adds response from European industry, data) BEIJING, July 23 (Reuters) – China began an anti-dumping investigation on Monday into stainless steel imports worth $1.3 billion, including from a privately owned Chinese mill with operations offshore, after complaints of damage to the local industry.
* Dollar eases after Trump complains about greenback strength * Trump ratchets up protectionist rhetoric, hits stocks * Investors await Trump-Juncker trade talks later this week By Swati Pandey SYDNEY, July 23 (Reuters) – Asian shares dipped on Monday while the dollar fell after U.S.
* Dollar eases after Trump complains about greenback strength * Trump ratchets up protectionist rhetoric, hits stocks * Investors await Trump-Juncker trade talks later this week By Swati Pandey SYDNEY, July 23 (Reuters) – Asian shares dipped on Monday on fears of more protectionist measures from the United States while the dollar declined against major currencies after U.S.
BEIJING, July 23 (Reuters) – China’s Commerce Ministry said on Monday it has launched an anti-dumping probe into imports of stainless steel billet and hot-rolled stainless steel sheet and plate from the European Union, Japan, South Korea and Indonesia.
By Swati Pandey SYDNEY, July 23 (Reuters) – The dollar declined on Monday against major currencies to its lowest in more than two weeks after U.S.