* Coronavirus hit village where LNG supply plant being built * Regional governor says outbreak has been contained * Facility is vital for Novatek’s productions plans By Tatiana Voronova and Vladimir Soldatkin MOSCOW, May 28 (Reuters) – Russia’s Arctic region of Murmansk plans to build a new temporary hospital in a village where a vital liquefied natural gas supply plant is being built after an outbreak of the new coronavirus.
* EU, Japan unveil new stimulus measures * Markets await U.S.
By Hugh Bronstein and Maximilian Heath BUENOS AIRES, May 28 (Reuters) – Shallow water in Argentina’s Parana River will slow exports from the grains powerhouse and hurt the country’s soy crushing margins at least through September, officials said, as more cargo ships are needed to carry the same amount of commodities.
* Premium for cash over three-month tin elevated * Aluminium prices face strong resistance at $1,5445 (Recasts, adds comment, changes dateline from Singapore) By Pratima Desai LONDON, May 28 (Reuters) – Aluminium prices held near two-month highs on Thursday as hopes for stronger demand in top consumer China buoyed sentiment, but an oversupplied global market and large surpluses are expected to cap gains.
MOSCOW, May 28 (Reuters) – The construction of the undersea Nord Stream-2 gas pipeline to Europe will be completed, the Kremlin said on Thursday amid threats of additional sanctions against the project from the United States.
* WTI down 2.6% at 0635 GMT, Brent off 1.6%
* EU stimulus drive shares up for fourth straight day * Euro perched at 2-month high, * Yuan, Hong Kong shares hit by rising U.S.-China
* Alcoholic drink’s sales could fall 25-40% this year * Nearly two-thirds of producers have temporarily laid off workers * Sector worth 1.2
* cpurl://apps.cp./cms/?pageId=stock-index-poll poll data By Fergal Smith TORONTO, May 28 (Reuters) – Canada’s main stock index is set to extend its rebound over the coming months as well as in 2021, but will fall short of previous expectations as the global economy struggles to fully recover from the coronavirus crisis, a Reuters poll found.
REUTERS POLL-TORONTO S&P/TSX COMPOSITE INDEX TO RISE 2.9% BY END-2020 TO 15,590 (18,175 IN FEB POLL) REUTERS POLL-TORONTO S&P/TSX COMPOSITE INDEX TO RISE 12.2% BY END-2021 TO 17,000
REUTERS POLL-TORONTO S&P/TSX COMPOSITE INDEX TO RISE 2.9%